TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced up to $511 million in low-interest loans the state’s Environmental Facilities Corp. to help fund various projects associated with the construction of the new Tappan Zee Bridge, according to the Times Herald-Record.
The loans will be used to fund the mandatory protection of the Hudson River's water quality and marine life. Most of the EFC loans will be interest free and shouldn't hinder the corporation's ability to fund other environmental projects, the Times Herald-Record reported.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare
- 5 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem