TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced up to $511 million in low-interest loans the state’s Environmental Facilities Corp. to help fund various projects associated with the construction of the new Tappan Zee Bridge, according to the Times Herald-Record.
The loans will be used to fund the mandatory protection of the Hudson River's water quality and marine life. Most of the EFC loans will be interest free and shouldn't hinder the corporation's ability to fund other environmental projects, the Times Herald-Record reported.
- 1 Janitor Charged With Using Vacuum To Steal $3,900K At Brewster Marshall's
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 4 North Salem's Bloomberg Ranks Eighth On Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 5 Westchester Scholars Named National Achievement Semifinalists