TARRYTOWN, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced up to $511 million in low-interest loans the state’s Environmental Facilities Corp. to help fund various projects associated with the construction of the new Tappan Zee Bridge, according to the Times Herald-Record.
The loans will be used to fund the mandatory protection of the Hudson River's water quality and marine life. Most of the EFC loans will be interest free and shouldn't hinder the corporation's ability to fund other environmental projects, the Times Herald-Record reported.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Son Of Longtime Carmel Cop, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 3 Feud From Rape Case Is Focus Of New York Times Story
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway