NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The year 2012 was the year that North Salem finally saw the completion of Peach Lake’s new sewage system. Nearly 500 Peach Lake residences suffered septic problems for a number of years before a coalition of town officials and local residents were able to raise funds and government support for the construction of a sewage treatment plant to serve those properties.
- 1 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 2 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 3 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Severe Storms Could Cause Flooding In North Salem