NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The year 2012 was the year that North Salem finally saw the completion of Peach Lake’s new sewage system. Nearly 500 Peach Lake residences suffered septic problems for a number of years before a coalition of town officials and local residents were able to raise funds and government support for the construction of a sewage treatment plant to serve those properties.
- 1 North Salem Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 I-684 Rollover Accident Causes Delays
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits North Salem
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48