NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The year 2012 was the year that North Salem finally saw the completion of Peach Lake’s new sewage system. Nearly 500 Peach Lake residences suffered septic problems for a number of years before a coalition of town officials and local residents were able to raise funds and government support for the construction of a sewage treatment plant to serve those properties.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 4 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says