NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The year 2012 was the year that North Salem finally saw the completion of Peach Lake’s new sewage system. Nearly 500 Peach Lake residences suffered septic problems for a number of years before a coalition of town officials and local residents were able to raise funds and government support for the construction of a sewage treatment plant to serve those properties.
- 1 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 2 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 4 Woman, 23, Is Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester