NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in North Salem this week:
- The Wall Street Journal profiled the Town of North Salem, hailing it as a "sort of rural getaway placed just 55 miles away from Manhattan."
- Yorktown Police arrested and charged a 17-year-old Lakeland High School student after he allegedly posted photos of metal knuckles and unidentified illegal drugs on his Facebook page.
- A Katonah man is charged in a $5.6 million insider trading case of stealing non-public information about pending mergers from his law firm and passing it onto others who used it to trade for themselves and on behalf of their customers.
- All six Bedford Hills firefighters hospitalized after fighting a fire that destroyed a vacant home on 27 Brisbee Lane on Saturday have been released from the hospital.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For North Salem
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer