WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A violinist in the Westchester County Philharmonic was found dead in her Westfield, N.Y., home on Wednesday, Aug. 20, according to the Buffalo News.
Mary E. Whitaker, 61, was found dead by a gunshot wound in her Western New York home by a fellow member of the Chautauqua Institution’s Symphony Orchestra and her husband. the Buffalo News reported.
Authorities believe Whitaker was targeted and that nobody else in the area was in danger, the Buffalo News reported.
Whitaker, who moved to New York after graduating from Indiana University, has worked with many of the major orchestras in New York and also toured with Barbra Striesand.
She was a member of the Westchester Philharmonic for 25 years.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over North Salem Skies Sunday
- 2 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For North Salem
- 3 North Salem Weekend Events Feature Square Dancing, Open House At Fire Dept.
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 North Salem Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday