NORTH SALEM, N.Y. Clean up the town and paint the town red this weekend in North Salem.
Friday, April 13
- Little Farmers at Muscoot, 9:30-10:30 a.m. or 1-2 p.m.: Children ages 3 and 4 are invited to learn about animals through hands-on experience. Pre-registration required. Muscoot Farm is located on Route 100, 1½ miles south of Route 35, in Somers.
- Spaghetti Dinner, 6-9:30 p.m.: An Eagle Scout service project will provide a full spaghetti dinner to support the Somers-North Salem-Lewisboro Nutrition Program for Seniors (Meals on Wheels). Dinner includes pasta, meatballs, bread, salad and dessert. The price is $10 and the location is the Katonah United Methodist Parish Hall (behind the church) at 5 Bedford Road, Katonah. For more information call 914-232-6943.
- Friday the 13th Party to benefit North Salem Hockey, 7 p.m.-midnight: Dinner, drinks, music and a silent auction are just some of the attractions at this fundraiser for the North Salem High School Hockey Teams. Its at the Salem Golf Club, 18 Bloomer Road, North Salem, and its only $60 per person. For more information, contact Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Saturday, April 14
- Roadside Cleanup Day, 9-11 a.m.: Bring your family, friends and anyone who owes you a favor to the Ruth Keeler Library, pick up free gloves and garbage bags and go out to help collect the winters accumulation of roadside trash. Complimentary coffee, doughnuts, hot chocolate and orange juice will be offered at the library, 276 Titicus Road, North Salem. Click here for more information.
- Conversations with Local Gardeners, 10 a.m.: Local award-winning gardener and columnist Shobha Vanchiswar will talk about her own garden and answer questions about yours. The event is at the Ruth Keeler Memorial Library, 276 Titicus Road, North Salem.
- Hola at the Ruth Keeler Library, 10:30 a.m.: Its time for Spanish-English story time and songs with Barbara. Children of all ages are invited. The library is located at 276 Titicus Road, North Salem.
- Opening of The Hammond, noon: The Hammond Museum and Japanese Stroll Garden open for the season with new exhibits in the galleries. Check the website for more information. The Hammond is located at 28 Deveau Road in North Salem.
Sunday, April 15
- Objects and Memory, 3 p.m.: Producer/director Jonathan Fein will talk about his acclaimed PBS documentary Objects and Memory. He will present video segments not included in the documentary and raise questions about fundamental human responses. The event takes place at the Ruth Keeler Memorial Library, 276 Titicus Road, North Salem.
- Pitch In for Parks at Muscoot, 10 a.m.: Go to the farm to help out with the chores that need doing as spring rolls in. Muscoot Farm is located on Route 100, 1½ miles south of Route 35, in Somers.
- An Ongoing Campaign , April 9-27.: The 2nd Annual Military Care Package Drive. North Salem Girl Scout Brownie Troop 1144 is assembling care packages to be sent to men and women serving in Afghanistan. They welcome any kind of entertainment items (board games, playing cards, puzzle books, etc.) and all kinds of nonperishable snack items (crackers, chips, dips, cookies, candy, etc.) Drop your items off in the Pequenakonck School lobby, 173 June Road. For more information, email Jane Singhal at Janesinghal@yahoo.com or Dina DeMasi at Deeree73@optonline.net .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.