NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Memorial Day is a federal holiday and local government and other municipal buildings, including the North Salem Town Hall, are closed Monday, May 26.
- All North Salem Central School District schools also will be closed, as will the Ruth Keeler Memorial Library.
- Additionally, all U.S. Post Offices will be closed and there will be no mail delivery. The stock market will be closed as will most banks.
- Many retail stores are open on Monday. Locally, the A&P in Goldens Bridge, DeCicco Family Market in Cross River, and the Stop & Shop in Ridgefield will all be open.
- Metro North trains will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- 1 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 2 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Is Up For Auction
- 3 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near North Salem
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Aronchick Takes North Salem Town Board Race By 34 Votes