NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Elizabeth “Jane” Bird, a longtime resident of North Salem, died Feb. 2. She was 75.
Bird grew up in Gulfport, Miss., before moving to New York after her marriage. She ran a family business with her husband in Pleasantville for 25 years before retiring in 2000.
Bird is survived by her husband, Bill Bird; daughters, Andrea Bird of Waltham, Mass., and Denise Szollosi of Glenwood, N.J.; three grandsons; step-daughter, Cynthia Yount; and a step grandson.
There will be no services.
Donations may be made to the Elizabeth Jane Bird Fund for lung cancer research at Sloan-Kettering, NY. Contact Carol Bumenfeld, 633 Third Ave, 28th floor, New York, NY 10017; (646) 227-3972.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over North Salem Skies Sunday
- 2 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In North Salem, NOAA Predicts
- 3 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 4 North Salem Weekend Events Feature Square Dancing, Open House At Fire Dept.
- 5 North Salem Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday