PURDYS, N.Y. – Ellen M. Purdy, a long-time resident of Purdys, passed away at home on Jan. 5 with her husband, Tim, by her side. She had been battling cancer for the last year.
She was a national award-winning quilter, a member of both the North Star Quilters Guild and the St. James Quilting Group. She was also an active member of the St. James Altar Guild.
In addition to her husband, Tim, she is survived by her mother, Patricia Katz, her son, Greg Barra, and her daughter, Valerie LaGram.
A memorial service will be held on Saturday, Jan. 12, at 11:30 a.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, located on Titicus Road, near the intersection of June Road, in North Salem.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations to the St. James Church Building Fund, PO Box 459, North Salem, NY 10560.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 3 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 5 North Salem Lights Up For The Holidays