OXFORD, Conn. - George Joseph Atkinson, Jr. of Oxford, formerly of North Salem, N.Y., died Saturday, July 12. He was 71.
Atkinson was born in Bronxville, N.Y., to Muriel (Gomes) and George Atkinson, Sr. He received a B.A. from Manhattan College and an M.B.A. from Baruch College. He worked for 43 years at I.B.M. as a financial systems analyst.
Atkinson is survived by his wife, Donna Atkinson; children, Christine Carpenter of Monkton, Md., Genenne Atkinson of Oxford and Amy Emanuel of Rocky Hill; four grandchildren; and two sisters, Mary Lou Connelly of Stuart, Fla., and Kathleen Cecere of Rye Brook, N.Y. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 15 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Southbury Funeral Home of Munson-Lovetere, 235 Main St. North. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 16 at St. Thomas Church of the Apostle, 733 Oxford Road. Interment will follow in the Gate of Heaven Cemetery, Valhalla, N.Y.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Closer to Free, Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale-New Haven Hospital, P.O. Box 7611, New Haven, CT 06519-0611.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital