SOMERS, N.Y. – Robert “Fritz” Cunningham, a 43-year resident of Somers, died Monday at his home in Somers. He was 76.
Cunningham spent his youth in Pennsylvania and studied engineering at the University of Pittsburgh, before earning a master's degree at Northeastern University. After working for several large corporations, he established his own company, Cunningham Marine Hydraulics Inc., which he led for more than 30 years.
He was also a retired lieutenant commander in the U.S. Naval Reserves.
In addition to Helen, his wife of more than 50 years, he is survived by his children: Robert (Bo) Cunningham of Buffalo, Glen Cunningham of Somers, Dale Cunningham of White Plains, and Jennifer Cunningham Shaw of Shenorock, as well as eight grandchildren. His brother, William Cunningham of Greensburg, Pa., also survives him.
The family will receive visitors from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, at Clark Associates Funeral Home, 4 Woodsbridge Road, Katonah.
Interment is scheduled for spring at the Maple Street Cemetery in Bethlehem, N.H.
In lieu of flowers, the family would appreciate donations to the Purdys United Methodist Church, 106 Titicus Road, North Salem, NY or to the Somers Volunteer Fire Department, 119 Primrose St., Lincolndale, NY.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed