WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 2 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 3 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs