WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital