WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 4 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; North Salem Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'