WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Winter Storm Watch Issued For North Salem On Wednesday
- 2 Three Homes Of Former North Salem Supervisor Sell For $3 Million
- 3 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 4 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Up For Auction Tops News Last Week
- 5 Former North Salem Supervisor's Business Partner Sentenced To 20 Years