WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Feud From Rape Case Is Focus Of New York Times Story
- 4 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 5 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App