NORTH SALEM, N.Y. ‒ A Harvey Road resident opened her jewelry box Monday only to discover that four pieces of jewelry valued at more that $6,000 were missing, North Salem police said.
Since there were no signs of a forced entry, the victim suggested that the jewelry may have been stolen by one of six people who had worked in her house over the last few months. The missing pieces include:
- A two-karat diamond and white gold pendant;
- An 18-karat yellow gold bracelet;
- An 18-karat yellow gold chain link necklace;
- A one-karat diamond and white gold engagement ring.
The North Salem Police also reported the following incidents:
• A stranger knocked at a Maple Avenue residence on Feb. 4 to ask if the wood burning stove sitting in the driveway was scrap material and offered to take it away. The resident replied that it was not scrap and should not be taken. When the resident returned home two days later the stove was gone.
• Police came to the aid of a Peach Hill Road resident on Feb. 5, when her Medic Alarm bracelet alerted them of an emergency. Officer Michael Castellano responded and found the victim breathing with difficulty because her oxygen supply machine had failed. Castellano traced the problem to a tripped circuit breaker. He reset the breaker and repositioned the machine at a different power source.
The Croton Falls Fire Department and the Westchester County EMT also responded, evaluated the woman’s condition and agreed that hospitalization was not necessary. Meanwhile, her daughter was summoned and came to the home.
• During Friday’s snowstorm a car driving east on Titicus Road (Route 116) skidded at the stop sign and ran into a North Salem Highway Department truck heading south on June Road. There was some damage to the car, but none to the truck.
- 1 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 2 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near North Salem
- 3 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Is Up For Auction
- 4 Aronchick Takes North Salem Town Board Race By 34 Votes
- 5 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In South Salem