WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. - The man the FBI says is a serial bank robber struck a Chase bank in New Rochelle last week, taking an undisclosed amount of money.
The FBI says the man has held up seven banks in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut over the last three months.
The latest heist happened at 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 17. The suspect entered a Chase Bank located at 1292 North Ave. in New Rochelle, passed a note, verbally demanded money from the teller,and threatened to use a weapon, according to the FBI.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male between 5 feet and 5 feet, 4 inches tall and light in complexion. He was last seen wearing a gray, long-sleeved T-shirt with “Cowboy Up” on the back; dark blue jeans; and black boots. He was also wearing a Miami Marlins baseball hat. The suspect is believed to be connected to the following bank robberies:
- Wells Fargo in Linden, N.J., on Tuesday, Aug. 20;
- People’s United Bank in Greenwich, Conn., on Wednesday, Aug. 28;
- Chase Bank in Greenwich, Conn., on Thursday, Sept. 5;
- Chase Bank in Woodbridge, N.J., on Monday, Sept. 9;
- Bank of America in Fairfield, Conn., on Thursday, Sept. 12;
- Chase Bank in Fairfield, Conn., on Thursday, Sept. 12;
- Chase Bank in New Rochelle, N.Y., on Thursday, Oct. 17.
"Today, we’re enlisting the public’s help in identifying and locating this serial bank robber,” said Assistant Director in Charge George Venizelos. “Someone, somewhere, knows something about this individual. We are asking them to pick up the phone and call the FBI.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI at 212-384-1000 or the New Rochelle Police Department at 914-654-2300. Tipsters may remain anonymous.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To North Salem
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge
- 4 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 5 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown