NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Firefighters in North Salem rescued nine horses Saturday after a barn roof collapsed, according to Lohud.com.
The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. at the Purdy Homestead on Titicus Road. Croton Falls Fire Chief Jason Blauvelt told Lohud that the roof collapsed under the weight of the heavy snow, trapping the horses inside. Police officers and firemen worked to free the horses and get them into the paddock next to the building. No horses or people were injured in the incident.
Click here to see the full article on Lohud.com.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For North Salem
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Accidents On Slippery Westchester Roadways Include Jackknifed Trailer