NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Firefighters in North Salem rescued nine horses Saturday after a barn roof collapsed, according to Lohud.com.
The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. at the Purdy Homestead on Titicus Road. Croton Falls Fire Chief Jason Blauvelt told Lohud that the roof collapsed under the weight of the heavy snow, trapping the horses inside. Police officers and firemen worked to free the horses and get them into the paddock next to the building. No horses or people were injured in the incident.
Click here to see the full article on Lohud.com.
- 1 Somers Massage Business Employees Charged With Prostitution
- 2 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 3 North Salem Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Accidents Abound Amid Rain, Slush, Snow In Westchester
- 5 John Jay Student Disciplined After Bomb Threat, Superintendent Says