NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- Firefighters in North Salem rescued nine horses Saturday after a barn roof collapsed, according to Lohud.com.
The incident occurred around 9:30 a.m. at the Purdy Homestead on Titicus Road. Croton Falls Fire Chief Jason Blauvelt told Lohud that the roof collapsed under the weight of the heavy snow, trapping the horses inside. Police officers and firemen worked to free the horses and get them into the paddock next to the building. No horses or people were injured in the incident.
Click here to see the full article on Lohud.com.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Son Of Longtime Carmel Cop, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 3 Open Houses In North Salem This Weekend
- 4 Mrs. Westchester Charged With Stealing From Granite Springs Group Home
- 5 North Salem Man Pleads Guilty To Stealing $89K From Parking Meters