NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – A Hilltop Road resident called police about 4:15 p.m. Sunday to report that children were playing on thin ice on the pond at Hilltop and Titicus roads.
Sgt. Neil Caputo drove to the site and explained to the kids that the ice was not frozen all the way through and was unsafe.
The following incident also was reported by North Salem police:
Suspicious Person: A green pickup truck pulled into a Finch Road driveway on Tuesday, Jan. 22, and the driver asked the homeowner whether he would like to purchase some produce left over from a restaurant delivery the man had just made. He said the price was right, and it would save his having to return the items to the warehouse. The driver had no business card or identification and the homeowner refused. The man stopped at a neighboring house as well, with the same story and a similar refusal.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare