NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – A Hilltop Road resident called police about 4:15 p.m. Sunday to report that children were playing on thin ice on the pond at Hilltop and Titicus roads.
Sgt. Neil Caputo drove to the site and explained to the kids that the ice was not frozen all the way through and was unsafe.
The following incident also was reported by North Salem police:
Suspicious Person: A green pickup truck pulled into a Finch Road driveway on Tuesday, Jan. 22, and the driver asked the homeowner whether he would like to purchase some produce left over from a restaurant delivery the man had just made. He said the price was right, and it would save his having to return the items to the warehouse. The driver had no business card or identification and the homeowner refused. The man stopped at a neighboring house as well, with the same story and a similar refusal.
- 1 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 NYSEG Plans To Expand Gas Main Near North Salem Schools
- 5 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail