NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A North Salem man is facing multiple drug charges after police arrested him in Putnam County on Wednesday, March 12 for allegedly possessing 12 bags of heroin, according to LoHud.com.
Authorities stopped the vehicle driven by Evan Kammerer, 28, and found the heroin subsequent to a K-9 search, LoHud.com reported.
Kammerer was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. He was remanded to Putnam County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bail, according to LoHud.com.
- 1 Somers Woman Charged With Violating Order Of Protection, Resisting Arrest
- 2 North Salem's David Letterman Ends 'Late Show' Run On Wednesday
- 3 Westchester Legislator Who Represents North Salem To Resign
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Johnny's In Mount Vernon A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest