NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – A Turkey Hill Road resident who walks her son to the school bus stop every morning became exasperated because a blue 4-door Volvo sedan frequently sped past them in an attempt to reach the intersection before the bus stopped.
The resident reported that on Nov. 30, the Volvo nearly hit the child as he crossed Turkey Hill Road.
On Dec. 3, the resident stopped the Volvo and asked the driver to go more slowly in the future. The resident reported to police that the driver simply became angry and drove away.
The following morning, Officer Michael Castellano parked a radar-equipped patrol car at the south end of Turkey Hill Road, but no speeding violations were observed and there was no sighting of a 4-door blue Volvo sedan.
On Thursday morning Sgt. Andrew Brown patrolled the area on a special detail and stopped a 4-door blue Volvo sedan. The driver said that she had already apologized to the complainant and said she understands the need to exercise due care in the vicinity of a school bus stop. Brown reported the follow-up to the complainant and confirmed that the matter was closed.
The North Salem Police also reported the following incidents:
- A Hilltop Drive resident arrived home on the afternoon of Dec. 4 to see an unfamiliar white Lexus SUV backing out of her driveway. Officer Michael Castellano located the car in the neighborhood and found the occupants to be a group of Jehovah’s Witnesses who were canvassing the area. Castellano advised them that they should notify town offices if they plan to go door-to-door in the future.
- Officer Gary Weber accompanied a representative of Child Protective Services on Wednesday to a home, regarding the possible abuse of a seven-year old child. An interview with the homeowners determined that the social services representative had the wrong address and should have gone to Lewisboro.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 3 Man Accused Of Selling Alcohol To Minor In North Salem Tops Week's News
- 4 Woman, 23, Is Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In North Salem