NORTH SALEM, N.Y. - Over the last year, a Yerkes Road resident has complained eight times of vandalism to his mailbox, including bashing and theft. On Monday, he requested copies of the North Salem Police reports on the incidents, to be presented to the New York State Police, who may have identified the vandal.
The North Salem Police also reported the following incidents:
- A Crosby Road resident called police on Dec. 13, to report a dark gray sedan parked for a long time in front of the house, with a stranger sitting inside. Officer Gary Weber investigated and learned that the man in the car was a property appraiser, doing some paperwork. The resident was informed and no police action was taken.
- A Saturday evening fire alarm at a Hardscrabble Road home was answered by members of the Croton Falls Fire Department, who contacted North Salem Police to force entry into the building. The alarm was found to be malfunctioning. The homeowner was notified by telephone and the premises was secured.
- A resident of the Keeler Lane area reported seeing some people in a white vehicle who appeared to be hunting in the nearby Mountain Lakes Camp property. Officers Cullen and Perez notified the County Police and remained in the area until the County unit arrived. In the meantime, the officers encountered two county workers on the scene. When notified of this, the County Police canceled the ground unit assigned to the incident, but decided to have a helicopter fly over the area.
- A representative of the Putnam County Savings Bank, which is in ownership of a Cottage Lane property, complained that someone had entered the property without permission and removed all of the kitchen appliances and cabinets. Sgt. Andrew Brown and Trooper Hoffman of the New York State Police met with the bank representative at the scene on Dec. 10, and explained that the matter was a civil affair, to be negotiated between the bank and the previous owner.
- 1 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 3 NYSEG Plans To Expand Gas Main Near North Salem Schools
- 4 Two Clerks Charged In Northern Westchester Underage Drinking Detail
- 5 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash