CORTLANDT, N.Y. — The New York State Police issued the following statement to Westchester County drivers in preparation for Friday's impending snowstorm:
"New York State Police in Troop K are advising motorists in the Hudson Valley region to refrain from all unnecessary travel on Friday, Feb. 8. Historically, snowstorms of this predicted magnitude have resulted in road closures and motorists becoming stranded on the highways.
"It is anticipated that travel conditions will deteriorate rapidly beginning in the late morning and continuing into the evening hours. Sporadic closures of sections of I-84, the Taconic State Parkway and I-684 throughout the day are anticipated.
"All vehicular traffic, particularly commercial motor vehicles, are advised to avoid these roadways. All vehicles abandoned on the roadway will be subject to immediate impoundment."
- 1 Janitor Charged With Using Vacuum To Steal $3,900K At Brewster Marshall's
- 2 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 3 Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Targets Homeschooling
- 4 North Salem's Bloomberg Ranks Eighth On Forbes 400 Billionaire List
- 5 Guilty Plea Of North Salem Parking Officer Tops Week's News