NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – A dark-haired man wearing a long green coat was reported to be walking along the train tracks near the Croton Falls Metro-North station Sunday afternoon.
Sgt. Neil Caputo checked the area but did not locate the pedestrian. An MTA employee told the police officer he had encountered a person fitting the description near Hillside Avenue and “kicked him off the tracks.”
The North Salem police also reported the following incidents:
- Police went to the aid of an elderly man who fell on Titicus Road in the early evening Monday. Caputo helped the man to his feet and drove him home. The officer contacted the man’s wife, who was about 45 minutes away and remained with the man while he changed his clothing and got comfortable.
- As previously reported, an intruder entered a Sugar Hill Road residence in Purdys Monday, but ran off when he discovered someone at home. Police still are asking for information. If you have anything to report, please contact the New York State Police (Somers Barracks) at 914-277-3651.
- 1 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 3 Maintenance Work Results In I-684 Lane Closures
- 4 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 5 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed