NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – A dark-haired man wearing a long green coat was reported to be walking along the train tracks near the Croton Falls Metro-North station Sunday afternoon.
Sgt. Neil Caputo checked the area but did not locate the pedestrian. An MTA employee told the police officer he had encountered a person fitting the description near Hillside Avenue and “kicked him off the tracks.”
The North Salem police also reported the following incidents:
- Police went to the aid of an elderly man who fell on Titicus Road in the early evening Monday. Caputo helped the man to his feet and drove him home. The officer contacted the man’s wife, who was about 45 minutes away and remained with the man while he changed his clothing and got comfortable.
- As previously reported, an intruder entered a Sugar Hill Road residence in Purdys Monday, but ran off when he discovered someone at home. Police still are asking for information. If you have anything to report, please contact the New York State Police (Somers Barracks) at 914-277-3651.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Son Of Longtime Carmel Cop, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 3 Feud From Rape Case Is Focus Of New York Times Story
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway