SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from Somers arrested a man after he allegedly made comments in a bank that led employees to believe he intended to rob it, police officials said.
John K. Schoenfelder, 22, of Mahopac, allegedly made comments that alarmed employees at the Chase Bank in the Somers Commons Shopping Center on Route 6 in Baldwin Place, prompting them to call police, troopers said.
Schoenfelder was found in close proximity to the scene and taken into custody. A subsequent investigation revealed the suspect may have made the comments but had no intent on robbing the bank, according to State Police.
Schoenfelder was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the third-degree and is temporarily barred from returning to the bank, police officials said.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Croton Falls Restaurateur Appears in 'Guys and Dolls'
- 3 Former School Bus Driver Sentenced For Sexual Abuse Of 6-Year-Old Girl
- 4 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store