SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from Somers arrested a man after he allegedly made comments in a bank that led employees to believe he intended to rob it, police officials said.
John K. Schoenfelder, 22, of Mahopac, allegedly made comments that alarmed employees at the Chase Bank in the Somers Commons Shopping Center on Route 6 in Baldwin Place, prompting them to call police, troopers said.
Schoenfelder was found in close proximity to the scene and taken into custody. A subsequent investigation revealed the suspect may have made the comments but had no intent on robbing the bank, according to State Police.
Schoenfelder was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the third-degree and is temporarily barred from returning to the bank, police officials said.
- 1 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 2 Accidents Cause Major Delays On I-684
- 3 Janitor Charged With Using Vacuum To Steal $3,900K At Brewster Marshall's
- 4 North Salem Girl Scouts Put Finishing Touches On PQ Elementary Mural
- 5 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer