SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police from Somers arrested a man after he allegedly made comments in a bank that led employees to believe he intended to rob it, police officials said.
John K. Schoenfelder, 22, of Mahopac, allegedly made comments that alarmed employees at the Chase Bank in the Somers Commons Shopping Center on Route 6 in Baldwin Place, prompting them to call police, troopers said.
Schoenfelder was found in close proximity to the scene and taken into custody. A subsequent investigation revealed the suspect may have made the comments but had no intent on robbing the bank, according to State Police.
Schoenfelder was charged with falsely reporting an incident in the third-degree and is temporarily barred from returning to the bank, police officials said.
- 1 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 3 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York