WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Police are investigating a deadly crash late Friday night in which a 19-year-old man crashed into Mahopac High School, just over the Westchester County border.
Fire officials say 19-year-old David Diachenko was barreling down Gleneida Boulevard off Baldwin Place Road when his car gained so much momentum it crashed into the side of his alma mater, according to News 12 Westchester.
The crash, which damaged 10 classrooms, is being investigated, according to News 12.
Diachenko had plans to join the Navy, according to News 12.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 4 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says