WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Police are investigating a deadly crash late Friday night in which a 19-year-old man crashed into Mahopac High School, just over the Westchester County border.
Fire officials say 19-year-old David Diachenko was barreling down Gleneida Boulevard off Baldwin Place Road when his car gained so much momentum it crashed into the side of his alma mater, according to News 12 Westchester.
The crash, which damaged 10 classrooms, is being investigated, according to News 12.
Diachenko had plans to join the Navy, according to News 12.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem
- 5 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare