PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- New York State Police are seeking the public's assistance in apprehending Isaac L. Bruff, 26, of Peekskill for fleeing a traffic stop and dragging a trooper on Welcher Avenue on Thursday, April 10, police officials said.
State Police allege a struggle between the trooper and Bruff ensued during the traffic stop. Bruff then fled the scene, dragging the trooper with him until he was thrown from the vehicle.
The trooper was treated and released from Westchester County Medical Center with a head injury.
Bruff should be considered armed and dangerous. If he is seen, residents should call 911 immediately.
Anyone with knowledge of Bruff’s location is urged to contact the State Police in Cortlandt at (914) 769-2600. Calls will remain confidential.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 3 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run