POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Pound Ridge man is expected to face additional weapons charges Tuesday, one week after police say they found heroin, 125 hypodermic needles, weapons and more than $25,000 in stolen jewelry in his home.
Kyle Caruso, 29, was arrested Feb. 21 during a traffic stop and charged with possession of heroin and hypodermic needles. Pound Ridge police and Westchester County probation officers later searched his home and said they found a large quantity of drugs, contraband and weapons, which you can find a full list of here.
Probation officers were involved because Caruso had multiple prior convictions for the use of heroin. As a result they seized some of the weapons found in the suspect’s home Feb. 24 and filed a probation warrant against him Monday, which violates his probation.
With that done, probation is expected to hand over the weapons it seized to Pound Ridge police Tuesday. Police Chief David Ryan said a misdemeanor possession of a weapon would become a felony because of his probation.
“If any of those weapons are determined to be illegal, which we know some of them are, we will file additional weapons charges,” he said.
Caruso is already charged with:
- Two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a felony
- Six counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor
- One count of criminal possession of hypodermic instruments, a misdemeanor
- One count of fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor
He was arraigned in Pound Ridge Town Court and remanded to the Westchester County jail on $10,000 cash bail or $20,000 bond Feb. 25. After Monday, his bail was raised to $20,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond, Ryan said.
Police have determined the value of the jewelry Caruso is accused of stealing from Pound Ridge homes to be between $25,000 and $30,000.
Ryan said prior burglary victims have been coming in to identify items that may belong to them. Meanwhile, they are also trying to determine what Caruso already sold and where he sold it.
Jonathan Farkas, who was the driver of the car in which Caruso was riding, was also charged with criminal possession of hypodermic needles. Those charges have been dropped. However, he still faces weapons charges out of New York City. He has been released.
Caruso is due back in Pound Ridge town court March 17 at 9 a.m.
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In North Salem
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Removed From McDonald's Menu In Westchester
- 4 State Police in Somers Charge Man, 20, With Having Sex Chats With Minors
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; North Salem Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'