One person was injured as a three-alarm fire ripped through a storefront and apartments in a three-story building on Main Street in Danbury on Christmas evening, Mayor Mark Boughton and the News-Times reported.
The fire at 276 Main St., home of the Music Guild on the first floor and apartments on the second and third floors, was first reported at about 8 p.m. Friday, according to scanner reports.
The smoky blaze was knocked down by about 8:50 p.m., the News-Times said, but firefighters remained on the scene into the late night.
Boughton reported that one civilian was injured trying to put the fire out. A Periscope video he made at the scene showed firefighters working at the scene along with a crowd of people watching the action.
The Stony Hill Fire Department in Bethel assisted at the scene along with the fire departments in Brookfield, Ridgefield and Newtown, the News-Times said.
The building is located downtown near the Post Office on Main Street, near the intersection with White Street/Elm Street. The Music Guild specializes in vintage guitar sales, musical instruction and instrument repairs.
Click here to the read the New-Times story.