NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – Three people were hospitalized following a three-car accident Thursday afternoon near the intersection of Route 121 and Vail Boulevard in North Salem, according to the New York State Police.
A car pulling out of Vail Boulevard cut off a car heading south on 121, causing the southbound car to cross the double-yellow line and hit a northbound car head-on, police said.
North Salem Police, New York State Police, the Croton Falls Volunteer Fire Department and the Brewster Fire Department responded.
The driver of the southbound car, a resident of Southeast, was air-lifted to Valhalla Medical Center. The other drivers, one from North Salem and the other from Brewster were taken to Danbury Hospital.
The State Police closed that area of Route 121 to traffic afterward to reconstruct the scene of the accident. “That’s what we do whenever there’s a serious accident,” said Officer Ciallela. “We take pictures and measurements. We document everything.”
The names of the victims were not released and no further information was available about their medical condition.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress