NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
One chapter in the case of a body discovered in North Salem’s Gaymark Preserve in June of 2011 was closed March 2012 when police arrested Jessica Ryan French, of Lehigh Acres, Fla. French was charged with second-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping, second-degree robbery and unlawful imprisonment, all felonies.
The body was identified as Epifanio Medina, 65, a resident of Passaic, N.J., who had been reported missing two weeks before the discovery.
French was alleged to have had two accomplices from New Hampshire and one from Florida, who were all indicted on similar charges. The case has not yet come to trial.
Medina was known to carry large amounts of money, and robbery was believed to be the motive for his slaying.
- 1 Brewster Man, 34, Faces Drug, Firearm Charges
- 2 State Police Warn North Salem Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Trish Gallagher Becomes Croton Falls FD First Female Assistant Chief
- 4 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 5 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence