NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – With Election Day just a month away, The North Salem Daily Voice plans to bring you the information you need to cast your ballot in every race and issue.
Who Is Running?
- U.S. President: Incumbent Barack Obama (D) is being challenged by Mitt Romney (R)
- U.S. Senate: Incumbent Kristen Gillibrand (D) is being challenged by Wendy Long (R)
- U.S. House of Representatives, District 18: Incumbent Rep. Nan Hayworth (R) is running for re-election against challenger Sean Patrick Maloney (D).
- N.Y. State Senate District 40: Incumbent State Sen. Greg Ball (R) is running for re-election against challenger Justin Wagner (D).
- N.Y. State Assembly District 93: Incumbent Robert Castelli (R) is being challenged by David Buchwald (D)
Where and How to Register:
The registration deadline for the November election is Oct. 12. If you are a new voter, you can register between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays at the Westchester County Board of Elections, 25 Quarropas St., White Plains.
To facilitate registration, the Board of Elections will have a table at the North Salem Town Hall, 266 Titicus Road, North Salem, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 10 and from noon to 9 p.m. Oct. 13. Although the deadline for registration is Oct. 12, applications will be accepted Oct. 13 at town hall only.
Registering online as a new voter or a re-registering voter is easy. Go to http://nationalvoterregistrationday.org/register-to-vote
If you are already a registered voter, there is no need to re-register. You must re-register if:
- You have moved to a new address
- You have changed your name
- You have moved and changed your name
In order to vote in the upcoming November election, you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old before election day, lived at your current address for at least 30 days before the election and not claim the right to vote anywhere else. People who have been judged mentally incompetent or those on parole for felony convictions are restricted from voting.
Where to Vote:
North Salem has eight voting districts and three polling locations:
- Districts 1 and 2: Croton Falls Fire Station, 1 Front St., Croton Falls
- Districts 3, 4, 5 and 6: North Salem Fire Station, 301 Titicus Road
- Districts 7 and 8: North Salem Lions Community Center, 1 Titicus Road, Purdys
The polls will be open on Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Correction: An earlier version of this article incorrectly listed Bob Turner as Republican candidate for the U. S. Senate. The candidate is Wendy Long.
- 1 North Salem Man Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 4 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital