NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- New Rochelle Mayor and Westchester County Executive candidate Noam Bramson received the endorsement of U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand.
"I'm pleased to support Noam Bramson for Westchester County Executive," Gillibrand said of her fellow Democrat in a statement. "He stands up for women's reproductive rights and lobbied the state to pass the Women's Equality Act that would have ensured women finally receive equal pay for equal work. He supports sensible gun safety laws like universal background checks. I need partners like Noam to fight for our values at all levels of government, and I look forward to working with him in the years ahead."
Bramson noted Gillibrand's values when accepting the endorsement from the senator.
"Sen. Gillibrand has always stood up for middle class families. I'm proud to have her on our team," Bramson said in a statement. "She is a strong proponent of the values Westchester Xounty shares, and is a leader in the fight for women's equality and sensible gun safety standards."
Following a debate with Republican incumbent Robert Astorino on Monday, Bramson also received the endorsement of former President Bill Clinton.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Route 22 In North Salem Closed Following Accident
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow