PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -– Pace University and the Westchester County Association are co-sponsoring a panel discussion on “The Latest Trends in Health Care: Telehealth” on Thursday. The event, which starts at 8 a.m., is free and open to the public.
Telehealth involves the use of communications technology to, for example, send health data from a patient at home to a medical provider elsewhere. The first panel will focus on how telehealth is used to help care for our aging population and discuss a pilot program that is testing its effectiveness. The second panel will focus on the latest innovations in the field.
Panelists will include:
- Dr. Simeon Schwartz, CEO of WestMed
- Chris Gaur, co-founder of Vital Care Services
- Professor Jean Coppola, of the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems
- Professor David Sachs, of the Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems
- Neil Abitabilo, past president of the Northern Metropolitan Hospital Association and adjunct professor of the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences
Pace University President Stephen J. Friedman will make the opening remarks.
The event is the first in a lecture series to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Pace University’s Pleasantville campus. It will be held at the Goldstein Health and Fitness Center VIP Room, 861 Bedford Road, Entrance 3, in Pleasantville.