MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- The Mount Kisco-based Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester Marlins Swim Club is traveling with 10 of its swimmers to compete in the National Club Swimming Association Junior Nationals in Indianapolis set to run through Saturday, Aug. 9.
Based at the Boys & Girls Club of Northern Westchester, the Marlins have won the Boys & Girls Club National Championships every year since 1999.
The meet is an elite 18-Under (age group) national meet with difficult qualifying times -- one of the better 18-Under national level meets offered throughout the United States, Marlins coach David Ellinghaus said. The meet will take place at Indian University's UPUI Natatorium, the site of numerous Olympic Trial meets.
The Marlins swimmers, who hail from several Westchester and Connecticut communities and are also coached by Head Coach Dennis Munson, include:
- Kitty Arenz, Greenwich, Conn.
- Brian Glat, Armonk
- Emma Hadley, Chappaqua
- Tyler Hill, Chappaqua
- Katherine Karle, Mount Kisco
- Jamie Lee, Bedford Corners
- Robby Purvis, Mount Kisco
- Erica Silverman, Chappaqua
- Raquel Wasserman, Pound Ridge
- Isabella Weiner, Chappaqua
Ellinghaus said his swimmers' next step would be to try to earn USA Swimming LC Junior National Qualifying standards (current standards are close to the 2012 Olympic Trial standards).
The three Marlins with current USA Swimming Grand Prix circuit qualifying times are Robby Purvis, Emma Hadley and Jamie Lee.
"After that the next step in progression would be to try to make Nationals and ultimately, if possible, 2016 Olympic Trial standards," Ellinhaus said. "Robby Purvis, Jamie Lee and Emma Hadley have these meets on their radar as long range goals."
Jamie Lee qualified for the consolation finals of the 200-meter backstroke at the 2013 LC NCSA Junior Nationals.
"The 2014 meet has grown in size and quality and the Marlins will be competing against many of the best 18-Under swimmers in the United States, some of whom already possess Olympic Trial Standards," Ellinghaus said.
- 1 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 2 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 3 Fire Damages Home Overlooking Southeast's Tonetta Lake
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 North Salem Wallaby Has Now Been Missing More Than A Year