PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- Pace University's softball team opened its season with a doubleheader split against Wilmington University in Delaware on Sunday, March 2.
Junior Caitlin McCann tossed a complete gameas Pace took the opener 4-2. The Wildcats won in the second game 5-4.
In the opener, freshman Nikole Larm blasted a solo homerun in her first collegiate at-bat to put the Setters up 1-0 in the second. Wilmington tied the game at one in the third.
In Game 1, McCann allowed two runs (one earned) on five hits, and made three strike out to give the Setters their eighth straight season-opening victory.
In the nightcap, freshman Kaitlynn Nelson tossed a complete game and allowed five runs on four hits and struck out three.
The next game for the Setters will be in the West Coast when the team takes on Cal State Chico on Saturday, March 15 at 3 p.m.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 2 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Is Up For Auction
- 3 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near North Salem
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Croton Falls FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor