WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Opening day at the six Westchester County-owned golf courses has been postponed to Wednesday, March 26, weather permitting.
The postponement is because of the lingering snow cover and persistent cold weather.
The courses had been scheduled to open Wednesday, March 19.
The county-run courses are Mohansic in Yorktown Heights; Maple Moor in White Plains; Saxon Woods in Scarsdale; Hudson Hills in Ossining; and Dunwoodie and Sprain Lake, both in Yonkers.
Golfers are advised to check course status on the day of play.
- 1 Man Commits Suicide In Danbury Fair Mall Bathroom
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward North Salem, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Route 22 In North Salem Closed Following Accident
- 4 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In North Salem; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow