NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The historic Purdys Homestead, having known several previous identities as prestigious restaurants, reopened in the spring as Farmer & the Fish and became an immediate success.
Owner Edward Taylor, a North Salem resident, began by refurbishing the old farmhouse and has continued to make improvements and additions ever since.
While Farmer & the Fish ordinarily serves lunch and dinner seven days a week, the restaurant opened for breakfast as well during the power outages after Hurricane Sandy.
In October the restaurant was reviewed by The New York Times.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 North Salem's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Man Charged In Brewster Assault Used Brick As Weapon, Police Say
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So North Salem Must Prepare
- 5 Property Revaluation Is In Store For North Salem