NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The historic Purdys Homestead, having known several previous identities as prestigious restaurants, reopened in the spring as Farmer & the Fish and became an immediate success.
Owner Edward Taylor, a North Salem resident, began by refurbishing the old farmhouse and has continued to make improvements and additions ever since.
While Farmer & the Fish ordinarily serves lunch and dinner seven days a week, the restaurant opened for breakfast as well during the power outages after Hurricane Sandy.
In October the restaurant was reviewed by The New York Times.
- 1 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 2 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 3 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 4 Fiancée Angelika Graswald Charged With Hudson River Murder Of Kayaker
- 5 Likely Arrest Of Senate Leader Skelos Tied To Scarsdale Firm, Report Says