NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The historic Purdys Homestead, having known several previous identities as prestigious restaurants, reopened in the spring as Farmer & the Fish and became an immediate success.
Owner Edward Taylor, a North Salem resident, began by refurbishing the old farmhouse and has continued to make improvements and additions ever since.
While Farmer & the Fish ordinarily serves lunch and dinner seven days a week, the restaurant opened for breakfast as well during the power outages after Hurricane Sandy.
In October the restaurant was reviewed by The New York Times.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed