NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – As 2012 draws to a close, The North Salem Daily Voice is recapping some of the biggest stories of the past year.
The historic Purdys Homestead, having known several previous identities as prestigious restaurants, reopened in the spring as Farmer & the Fish and became an immediate success.
Owner Edward Taylor, a North Salem resident, began by refurbishing the old farmhouse and has continued to make improvements and additions ever since.
While Farmer & the Fish ordinarily serves lunch and dinner seven days a week, the restaurant opened for breakfast as well during the power outages after Hurricane Sandy.
In October the restaurant was reviewed by The New York Times.
- 1 Two-Car Accident In Southeast Leaves Seven Hospitalized
- 2 Ex-North Salem Supervisor's Estate Is Up For Auction
- 3 Serious Accident Results In Partial Closure Of Route 6 Near North Salem
- 4 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 5 Croton Falls FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor